Quantum StorNext is a high-performance parallel file system that includes multiple elements for controlling movement of files between tiers of storage and to archive devices. StorNext is more than an archiving solution but archive is a prime use case.
The StorNext software is complemented by a variety of Quantum storage systems and appliances, including storage arrays, ActiveScale object storage, and StorNext AEL tape libraries.
The most recent version of StorNext, is StorNext 7 which containerizes the components of the StorNext architecture, making it available in converged appliances and in the public cloud.
StorNext is a software defined solution that can be deployed in several ways, and with different architectures. Quantum provides multiple StorNext appliance offerings including H Series (Converged), F Series (NVMe), QXS Series (General Purpose scale out), and XCellis systems. StorNext is also available as a software only solution, and can be deployed as a cloud service in AWS.
The elements of StorNext 6 software include the following:
• StorNext File System – An installable file system for clients connected to a SAN to access data that is managed in the StorNext system. Linux, UNIX, Windows, and MacOS (through Apple XSAN) are supported.
• StorNext Metadata Controllers – Software that is installed on Windows or Linux servers to manage access and location of data.
• StorNext Storage Manager – Software that runs on the MDCs and is a policy-based data mover that can transparently copy or move data between tiers of storage and archive data to another storage system while retaining direct access through the StorNext File System.
• Distributed LAN Clients (DLC) – Clients without the high-performance transfer requirements can connect to the StorNext environment through StorNext DLC Gateway servers over a LAN.
Quantum StorNext – Product Brief includes:
- EvaluScale Product Review Methodology
- Evaluator Group’s Opinion
Download the full Product Brief now!