IBM Block Storage as a Service (STaaS) delivers IBM FlashSystem on a subscription plus consumption basis. Customers choose from a selection of options that define the characteristics of the storage service. Users can dynamically scale capacity up or down while and only paying for what is consumed. The service is enabled for both on-premises and hybrid cloud infrastructures. The service includes lifecycle management and support provided with IBM concierge service.
IBM Block Storage as a Service is based on delivering IBM FlashSystem storage arrays. They are designed for general-purpose usage where high performance is required and are targeted at medium to large-scale enterprise environments and for performance demanding applications such as database and virtual desktop (VDI). With 16 Gb/s Fibre Channel and 10 Gb/s iSCSI, the FlashSystem uses high performance interfaces for block storage. Characteristics include:
▪ Effective capacity range of the 110TB to 1.8PB
▪ Ethernet or FC connectivity
▪ Synchronous and asynchronous remote replication
▪ Quality of service at pool, volume or host level
▪ Multi-tenancy support of isolation of access
▪ Role-based administration
▪ Encryption with support for key management software SKLM or internally managed keys
▪ 3-site replication
▪ Safeguarded Copy
▪ HyperSwap active-active stretched clusters
▪ VASA 2.0
▪ Redirect on write snapshots
▪ New GUI – advanced beyond the original XIV GUI.
▪ Migration from externally attached storage
▪ Always on compression and deduplication.
IBM Block Storage as a Service Product Brief Includes:
- EvaluScale Product Review Methodology
- Evaluator Group’s Opinion
Download now to read the full Product Brief.