The HP StoreEasy is a family of NAS systems based on Microsoft Windows Storage Server (WSS). The StoreEasy systems are a family of both appliances and gateways to provide both file and block access to a Network Attached Storage system. The Microsoft WSS that is the underlying software is described in more detail in the product analysis on the Evaluator Series Research.
Current family offerings for HP are:
- StoreEasy 1000 Storage (multiple models) – targeted at small businesses, workgroups, and branch offices.
- StoreEasy 3000 Gateway Storage – targeted at medium to large businesses and branch offices with SAN attached storage.
The HP StoreEasy system used HP Proliant servers as their system where the WSS software is installed. Optional software that may be included with the StoreEasy is:
- Micro Focus Data Protector Software for backup and recovery.
- Micro Focus Autonomy LiveVault is an agent installed on the StoreEasy to manage archiving data to cloud storage. Data is encrypted before transferring. LiveVault also supports mirroring the data to more than one location.
- Optional pre-installed DoubleTake software can be enabled.