Note: Evaluator Group research of Converged Infrastructure has been discontinued. The following Product Brief has been archived and is no longer being maintained for updates as of January 2023.
Dell EMC’s Ready Stack Converged Infrastructure (CI) consists of Dell servers, Dell networking components and Dell EMC storage systems, sold as an integrated, rack-level solution. Ready Stack is designed to provide a complete infrastructure stack that incorporates specific Dell EMC hardware and software components.
Ready Stack is a turnkey solution that replaces the Cisco servers and switches in Dell EMC’s original CI solution, VxBlock. It is sold by Dell EMC, which handles all Level 1 and Level 2 support. Instead of an “engineered system”, that required some pre-sales configuration and integration work by Dell EMC or their partners, Ready Stack is designed to be assembled by users or partners, leveraging Dell EMC validated designs, with deployment and architecture guides.
Ready Stack Validated Designs Dell EMC has created a number of Design and Deployment Guides, including the following, each of which includes integrated data protection :
• VMware IaaS on PowerEdge MX Server and PowerMax
• Microsoft Hyper-V on PowerEdge 14G Servers and Unity
• VMware vSphere with PowerEdge Storage
• VMware Cloud Foundation on PowerEdge Servers and Unity Storage
• VMware vSphere and RHEL for High-Performance Database Applications
• Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
• VMware IaaS with Big Cloud Fabric on PowerEdge MX Servers and PowerMax Storage
Dell EMC Ready Stack Product Brief Includes:
Download the full Product Brief now!