Evaluator Group is an IT analyst firm dedicated to delivering unbiased in-depth information on Information Management and data storage. We review products and architectures with the perspective of how they impact application delivery such as databases, virtualization, VDI and Data Analytics.
Evaluator Series Research™(ESR)
Evaluator Group’s Premium Subscriptions for IT professionals provide support for technology selection with product and technology overviews, workbooks, product comparisons, and deep-dive product analyses. Our research is continually updated as vendors announce new products or modify features of existing ones.
Access to the research varies by subscription plan. Read the descriptions below to learn about each category and preview documents or explore the full research library by vendor, topic, and technology. For an overview of research included with Premium Subscriptions, read our general brochure. A full list of products covered in our research library can be found here
- Evaluation Guide: Explain the critical characteristics for considering a technology selection. Sample: Solid State Storage Evaluation Guide
- Workbook: List of general requirements tailorable to your individual needs. Sample: SAN Storage Array Workbook
- Comparison Matrix: Side by side feature comparison of like products. Sample: SAN Mid-Range Comparison Matrix
- Product Brief: Short overview of a product’s capabilities and potential. Sample: HP MSA 2040 Product Brief
- Product Analysis: Deep-dive review with detailed specifications and Evaluator Group commentary. Sample: Pages from Nexsan Assureon Product Analysis
- Industry and Technical Insights: Designed for IT executives looking to understand critical trends and requirements for technology adoption. Sample: Storage System Generations
- Client Advisory Notes: Coverage of announcements from trade shows and summaries of major product releases. Sample: EMC July 8th Announcement Review
- Benchmark Reports: Written reports on testing and benchmarking of products. Results of IOmark-VM and VDI tests can be found here.